Sometimes we are tired and unmotivated because we don't know what to do. By changing what and how you think, you can have increased energy and vitality.
Think back to the last vacation you took. Even though you had to get up at 4:00 a.m. to catch that plane, because you were excited about the trip you had a mysterious, almost unlimited amount of energy.
Goals give you direction. Direction creates enthusiasm (enthusiasm comes from the Greek for "God within"). Enthusiasm leads to action. Action leads to success. Goals, direction, enthusiasm, action, and success all equate to increased energy!
Setting and attaining goals is a simple process. The first and often hardest step is deciding what you want. Create a dream list of all the things you want in life: CAREER, FINANCIAL, MENTAL, HEALTH, HOME, SOCIAL, LOVE, FAMILY, SPIRITUAL. Write down whatever you want however unattainable it might seem. (If you knew you could have whatever you earnestly desired, what would it be?)
As an example, one dream of mine that appears "impossible" is to go into space. Although I don't know how this dream will manifest, I continually read the goal and visualize it happening. The result? People send me information on the future of space travel because they know about my goal -- someday someone will send me just the right information!
After you've made your lists in all areas of your life, pick out the most important one or two from each group. Convert your dreams into goals by writing them down in clear, vivid detail: not "I want to feel better" but "I NOW have excellent health because I eat light, wholesome foods, exercise 30 minutes 5 times per week, and meditate daily".
Then, you must DAILY:
1. VISUALIZE Every day, for at least 5 to 10 minutes, see and feel the experience of already having your goal (enjoying it, being it, having it, doing it). See it NOW.
2. AFFIRM Make up a sentence that describes you already in possession of your goal:
I AM NOW...(financially independent)
I AM NOW ENJOYING...(my vacation)
I NOW HAVE...(radiant health with unlimited energy)
3. DISPLACE Throughout the day when negative thoughts (I can't do it, I'm not worth it) enter your mind, displace them with the appropriate affirmation--I NOW HAVE...
4. ACT Take an action step on each goal--make a phone call to find out more information about your goal, read books pertaining to your goal, read the goal itself out loud to yourself 3 or 4 times each day, cut out pictures of your goal and make a paste-up book or bulletin board.
5. GRATITUDE At the end of your daily goal setting, give thanks for already having reached your goal before you have it in hand--THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, FOR THE ABUNDANCE THAT IS NOW MINE! Constantly and consistently live in an attitude of gratitude.
This process is sure to create an unstoppable enthusiasm and will develop the burning desire that ensures the attainment of your goal.
(Be sure to ask Dr. Khalsa about his course on goal setting and prosperity)
IF YOU THINK YOU CAN OR THINK YOU CAN'T, YOU'RE RIGHT!